HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Lore/Gamemode Name Change

Go down 

Do you agree with the sudden lore change?
Yes
48%
 48% [ 14 ]
No
52%
 52% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Techlord9

PostSubject: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:39 pm

I, for one completely disagree with this. Suddenly changing the server lore to fit with fallout is extremely wrong, especially given that the server has had its own lore that several people in the server have accepted and grown used to themselves. Many events that take place in the server are based off of the servers own lore, as well as things staff have planned in the future regarding the lore. Several players have also have grown used to this lore, and suddenly changing the lore to be more fallout based is sort of insulting, actually. The current player base would have to get used to the changes, but it also throws aside all the effort the staff have made to make the server interesting using the lore in events and RPing using the lore we had. Also given we're getting a new game mode and to my knowledge, staff wanted to end this gamemode doing something with the lore we had, I really think Bizz should consider getting general consensus from the community before making such a major decision, as it can be extremely insulting to people who had grown used to something like this, only to have all their RP thrown under the bus.

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stevie1177
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:41 pm

I personally thought the server's lore was fine as it was, a decent portion of Fallout but with some original ideas. While not everyone's lore and backstory would be effected, we have to be considerate of those that will be. Changing it doesn't necessarily benefit anyone, only degrades player's characters and forces them to suddenly change their lore they've grown fond of. I've always acted as if the two were merged, alluding to Fallout lore and events but never going into specifics. I see no reason the old lore can't continue to parallel with Fallout's in the way it's been handled for quite some time, and I hope the Conglomerate remain part of the server's lore. Perhaps tweaking them to exist parallel to the new raiders and Enclave troops as a sort of "middle" tier enemy faction, or still continue to function as they have and act as a rival peer to the Enclave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:44 pm

This may sound ironic coming from me (Brotherhood of Steel) but the old lore made the game mode very unique to me. Gave me alot to work with in events. I am sorry to hear about this sudden lore change Sad the old lore gave the game identity, it made it unique, now...well...its lost its uniqueness.

Last edited by Spartan574 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Why not just combine the lore? reinvent the next fallout?! ya know maybe like... we tgought the emclave was bad when we realized that the untouched africa was sending the conglo to take over irradiated america... in reality all that needs changed are the dates to match fallout

it could be like our own fallout fan fiction
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:48 pm

STOP DOUBLE POSTING DAMNIT.

And i felt like the original lore gave the server its unique identity.

Then again, now that the enclave are legitimately here (no offense I50/ Scorched Earth) I can finally shoot something that is lore friendly for my group and it wont bitch on the forums every time it dies!!

Buuuuuut then again, I have to agree with Johann on this one, many people have built their lore around the Conglomerate....and besides, mass gate anyone?

Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Price wrote:
Why not just combine the lore? reinvent the next fallout?! ya know maybe like... we tgought the emclave was bad when we realized that the untouched africa was sending the conglo to take over irradiated america... in reality all that needs changed are the dates to match fallout

That was the original plan for bringing fallout lore to Postnuke. I don't know what happened. Literally two days ago we were talking about how we'd be doing that, I have to speak to Bizzclaw about why that changed.

EDIT: Apparantly nothing has changed and current (new) lore is only placeholder

Last edited by Coront on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:36 am

Like I said, I'm rewriting the backstory and I do intend to include elements of the old lore, just modified slightly to fit with Fallout. The reason I actually haven't written the lore (other than the fact that I'm bogged down with homework right now) is because I wanted to get peoples opinion on what they wanted, but I needed to get this update finished so I could work on other things *cough* Resurgence *cough*.
I understand that this change is probably a bit sudden, but I've been talking about it with the staff for a while. Still, the solid lore isn't written yet, so it could turn up in any way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frostburntfoundation.forumotion.com/
|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:26 am

As we watch the tyrant Bizzclaw change the server into his own personal playground without the consent if his community.

Well. Done.

I'm in favor of the lore change as long as it will kill this server quicker

User was banned for this post by Coront for reason: Trolling/Flaming

Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:29 am

:/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:35 am

|Antony| wrote:
As we watch the tyrant Bizzclaw change the server into his own personal playground without the consent if his community.

Well. Done.

I'm in favor of the lore change as long as it will kill this server quicker

User was banned for this post by Coront for reason: Trolling/Flaming

no offence but entitled much?

Sad

there's a way to voice your opinion, that was not it. love you xoxo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:36 am

*Refills salt shaker*
All these warnings and hopes of the server dying, yet we are still here and are years strong. Lore is not completely being wiped, it's being added to and made better in order to add new content that makes sense. But hey, some people are desperate to turn anything positive into a negative thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:14 am

I feel like fallout 4 will give us that special lore so. I don't really like the rewritten lore.
Back to top Go down
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:45 am

I mean adding certain major faction npcs really takes out the option for players to roleplay that said faction... it's like adding brotherhood of steel npcs and ncr npcs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stevie1177
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:03 pm

As long as the Conglo remain as a prominent threat in the server's lore I'll be fine. A lot my personal RP backstory and some of my friends involve the Conglo, and just writing them off as Enclave or something else doesn't really work. Could always write the Conglo to be allies with the Chinese before the war or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Look, I know that Bizz has already pushed Frostbunt's original lore into Fallout's canon. Not a whole lot of people were very happy with it the first time. Yes, I completely understand that this is your server, your backstory, and your rules. What bothers me is the "why" of it all. Why continue to push into the FO canon when most people who care about roleplay built their character's lives around the old-world canon?
Sorry that this is coming off so much as whining, it's just that this is a topic that has bothered me for a long time and I never spoke up then. I was initially very reticent about the original push into FO, but I will say that they've for the most part paid off (new models, animations, new enemies are decently challenging). While this new change isn't really as big as the others, the principle of it is what bothers me. Why do we need to change an existing and massive wasteland threat with it's own backstory and arcs to a FO-specific one?

Like I said, sorry that this is coming off as a lot of whining. I know it's just a (somewhat) small change.

Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:44 pm

From my understanding Conglomerates aren't being just wipped off the lore, and the lore is just being changed around a bit to fit fallout a by better. So, the new lore shouldn't effect any RP too much, and if anything it will enrich it with new ideas and enemys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:22 am

Perhaps you are right...I changed my vote.

GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:14 pm

If you need any help with lore, i can try to come up with a few ideas over the next week or so,hit me up the servers or on the forum

Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:17 pm

Yeah, you see that lore you worked so hard on making? Its fallout now.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:29 pm

we could change a bit of the fallout lore, i can see if theres any empty years in the timeline on the fallout wikia, but we can change it to be more fan fictiony fallout lore, not the true fallout lore

double post line--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we could do lore set around 2920-3000, nothing happens here on the timeline of fallout lore

triple post line--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my characters backstory involves the conglomerate and the pre war days so some fallout lore needs to stay

quadruple post line--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i never helped anyone with lore before, so perfect chance?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:06 am

Ghostly, please read the forum rules. You just broke two of them. Those being double posting and necroing.

Continuing will result in negative experiences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:24 am

Going to lock this as it's no longer relevant.
Sorry I haven't gotten around to updating the lore, I've had a lot on my plate really and coming up with and writing that takes time. If you want to help, PM me.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frostburntfoundation.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lore/Gamemode Name Change   

Back to top Go down

Lore/Gamemode Name Change
Page 1 of 1