Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrostburntLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister*Sneak peak of admin system* Lobby*Sneak peak of admin system* GuideContent

*Sneak peak of admin system*

Go down 
+3
Alaska XCIII
kiruclanz
BlankJones
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Frost Atronach

Frost Atronach

*Sneak peak of admin system* Empty
PostSubject: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 pm

This is a sneak peak of what I got as an admin system, I hope you look into this as I see that it may benefit the server.

Ban types and length

RDM(Random deathmatch)-60min
Mass RDM(Mass random deathmatch)-1440min
NLR(New life rule)-30min
Mass NLR(Mass New life rule)-180
MG(Meta-gaming)-Depending on how the meta-gaming was used
Prop climb-120min
Prop push-180min
Prop kill-240min

New TPs and admin help

!tp spawn(tps to spawnpoint of map)
!tp admin(tps to admin room)
!tp death (tps to death)
!cleardecals (clears decals to reduce lag)

Side note: this is only part of what this system has and there is more

Examples of the tps include: Dealing with admin situations would be for admin room, death would be for players who choose not to listen, spawn would be for spawn obviously.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:04 pm

ER. MAH. GERD. If you're talking about the PostNuke. YOU CAN FREAKING PROPCLIMB. But not to invade bases or to get to areas only like an admin can get to. Most of the time, people just vault up to places they normally cant get to anyways.
Back to top Go down
BlankJones
Retiree
BlankJones

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 pm

I wish there was a !cleardecals command. I know there was one with FAdmin and Evolve. As far as the rules go it really doesn't matter how long the ban time is when admins throw them either willy nilly or just perma ban. What is really needed is discipline in the admin structure (not saying there isn't right now, im saying administrating in general requires discipline)
Back to top Go down
kiruclanz

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Tellis Argonis wrote:
ER. MAH. GERD. If you're talking about the PostNuke. YOU CAN FREAKING PROPCLIMB. But not to invade bases or to get to areas only like an admin can get to. Most of the time, people just vault up to places they normally cant get to anyways.
I heard from, I think Alaska, that you're aloud to put a prop up for people to get to high areas only if you have climb swep.
Back to top Go down
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Alaska XCIII

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Turtles, there are so many things wrong with this. Why would you only ban an RDMer for an hour?
Your ban times are way too short.

Also, we can't just write new ULX commands....
You're asking for something that's near-impossible.

Unless this is asking us to completely change our admin system, subsequently undoing all bans and admin statuses which will take quite awhile to fix, then it's more than likely not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord
Mushroom

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Um, I think he knows how to do it. Most of these commands are not that great, however I would love a send to spawn command.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frostburnt.com/
Tanuki
Tanuki

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:50 pm

I prefer my own method of dealing with things, really.

RDM itself can have several different classifications.

Neglectful and accidental, which is something I myself have been guilty of, Usually the punishment is me trying to get the offending party to compensate the RDM'd person with whatever important things they lost. I try not to be a dick about it but if the offending party is totally unapologetic for no reason at all i might end up banning them for 3 hours

There's a frustration RDM, Obscure Rule RDM, and ofcourse Mass RDM

There are a few things i would permanently ban someone for, and those are making a threat towards the server or server staff (i.e. DDOS, or any form of stalking) Mass RDM, Mass Propkill, Propspam without any justification.
Back to top Go down
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree
:F|F: Arisen Demon

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:13 pm

We have a zero prop abuse tolerance. They are meant to be permabans most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Frost Atronach

Frost Atronach

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 am

Like I said, it is optional. You don't have to use it, that is why it was in suggestions lel.
The commands I can assure you would be nice. I might be able to add them if you let me. The problem about that is that it would be near impossible like Alaska said but it is worth a try I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Sneak peak of admin system*   *Sneak peak of admin system* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Sneak peak of admin system*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-
Jump to: