Share | 

Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:48 am

Been thinking about spicing up the wasteland with some new vile creatures lately, but having trouble making up my mind because there's a lot to choose from since I can technically use mutants and monsters from any Fallout mod if I get permission.

If you're interested in seeing the options and giving an opinion on some new monsters you want to see, check out these mods.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41361/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56256/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/3211/?

Note: Look at the "images" tab to see all the monsters in the pack.

Also, if you make a recommendation, make sure to let me know which of the two mods it's from, also, these aren't the only mods I can get creatures from, I can port monsters from any Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 3 mod (not Fallout 4 or Skyrim though, and avoid oblivion unless you find something really cool, it would take a lot of extra work.) post a link to others if you know any.

>Insert masturbation joke here<
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frostburntfoundation.forumotion.com/
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:22 pm

This new content might be too heavy for the server to handle when we got a standard 15-30 fps...

EDIT: Hostile wasteland Protectrons or Sentrybots in the Marts Mutant mod seem good. Could drop sensorpods/electronicboards/servos possibly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitewood

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Super mutants, roving packs of zombies( not to be confused with ghouls), More raiders.
Enclave patrols. .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Add more cazador-like enemies, basically hard to hit heavy HP heavy damaging swarmers lol. Also, I don't know how it'd work but maybe stationary enemies, like that venus flytrap from the first mod, it hides under the ground but if you get too close it pops up for a crit and then kinda just sits there fighting people or getting shot from too far away.

Also, deathclaw nests would be lots of fun if you could find a way to make it a very enclosed area so they dont just roam and kill the randoms.

Edit: More mirelurks too maybe? I think a good add would just be to add higher level versions of current enemies or just harder mobs in general, to spice it up. Newbies wouldn't easily tell which is 'harder' or 'easier' but vets could spot it out like veteran survivalists like "Oh thats just a dog lol" or "Oh shit run its a ______ that looks like a common dog!"

More Edits: Man this post is just too good for me to not keep working with, what would you think about more water-based mobs? But instead of mirelurks who walk and attack on land, just water mobs like piranha mutants and whatnot, that can attack people in the water or close to shore.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spencer Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:01 pm

That alpha sentry bot looks sweet

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Whitewood wrote:
Super mutants, roving packs of zombies( not to be confused with ghouls), More raiders.
Enclave patrols. .

Evilsweetbl0ck wrote:
Add more cazador-like enemies, basically hard to hit heavy HP heavy damaging swarmers lol. Also, I don't know how it'd work but maybe stationary enemies, like that venus flytrap from the first mod, it hides under the ground but if you get too close it pops up for a crit and then kinda just sits there fighting people or getting shot from too far away.

Also, deathclaw nests would be lots of fun if you could find a way to make it a very enclosed area so they dont just roam and kill the randoms.

Edit: More mirelurks too maybe? I think a good add would just be to add higher level versions of current enemies or just harder mobs in general, to spice it up. Newbies wouldn't easily tell which is 'harder' or 'easier' but vets could spot it out like veteran survivalists like "Oh thats just a dog lol" or "Oh shit run its a ______ that looks like a common dog!"

More Edits: Man this post is just too good for me to not keep working with, what would you think about more water-based mobs? But instead of mirelurks who walk and attack on land, just water mobs like piranha mutants and whatnot, that can attack people in the water or close to shore.

Look, I want to port specific monsters from one of those mods, or any other mod from the nexus. While those ideas are interesting, they are very abstract when I want the specific monsters from those mods. Thank you.

Zapper3000380 wrote:
Hostile wasteland Protectrons or Sentrybots in the Marts Mutant mod seem good. Could drop sensorpods/electronicboards/servos possibly.

Spencer Taylor wrote:
That alpha sentry bot looks sweet

I'll do robots some other time, I'm looking to add more mutants right now.

Zapper3000380 wrote:
This new content might be too heavy for the server to handle when we got a standard 15-30 fps...

Just having the models loaded in memory won't really pose an issue, I mean obviously if you're rendering a bunch of creatures at once, it's going to bog you down, but it's no more intensive than rendering a bunch of ghouls at once.

Mostly in the source engine, npc entities don't even exist on your client if you can't see them, so it's not really an issue. I'm hoping that we can pick out some boss types enemies from those packs anyways, and if it's a boss it would only appear rarely by itself, or in special/random events.
Back to top Go down
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:20 pm

I think I'll focus more on looking at stuff that can be related to the conglomerate in some way because I'm interested in actually expanding the vague lore of Not-the-Enclave

Spoiler:

boss monster -Cyborg Monstrosity - Prototype Conglomerate Guard

Found underground in bunker areas rarely. High HP, high armor, hits like a truck, slow and dumb though and doesn't have a giant gun that can quicksnipe Telly at 150 meters away. Small chance for a hardplate/ other items.

Spoiler:

miniboss ghoul - Glowing one variant - (A name something to the effect they're ex-conglo or otherwise discharged) - Whatever happened to the old guys the wasters used to get into regular gun battles with now they were replaced by the sleeker, newer guys? Well here's one of them, at least.

Pretty much an armored glowing one w/ more HP, maybe has a drop table unlike other ghoulies.

keemstar

I need to get the New Additions mod too I didn't know it was a thing. I already have Monster Mod but this is cool too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:56 pm

maybe more mirelurks, or hostile and tamable robots

mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Or bring back the Centaurs..bring in the zombie one, I like that one the best along with Centaur Thing! maybe not Centaurs like we had a long time ago but, just those two. Maybe put those two in for halloween, or in a darkplace deep away. That would be scary and cool to see one with nothing but a flashlight on in a dark place. More Mirelurks as some people have said and robots. Also maybe do have some be in like you said in events, make people guess what else is coming like that two-headed Yao guai. Maybe have some alpha dog that comes with a pack of dogs too! So many ideas.....

Sorry if this was confusing or weird to read. So many possiblities can happen with this and I am very excited about this and seeing which gets put in.

Mathew -Lone Scout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Nightstalkers, the rattlesnake dog combo.
Bloatflies.
The giant mantises.
Giant rats.
Juvenile deathclaws, smaller weaker deathclaws that are not the big spookies everyone knows.

Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:43 pm

So i've been meaning to pitch this idea for a while and now is the perfect opportunity. I dont know if conglomerates are still broken as fuck (Ban for 15/0 ftw) but if they still are then they're a pain to kill and rarely spawn. I was thinking we could have something of a mix between a conglo drop and a nest, but with Raiders, so like, a "Raider Camp" or something would spawn in much like a conglo drop with a bunch of different raiders guarding it, and then the players can go in and kill all the raiders, and then once the camp is clear, They can "E" on the tent like a cazadors nest and grab a bunch or resources from it and then it disappears. I dont know how well this could work but it'd just be a lower level alternative to the conglo drop, happening every once in a while.

Spoiler:

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Rat

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:07 pm

The above mods look pretty cool, would be nice to have some ominous, more Lovecraftian creatures in the far corners of the map.

Giant Rats.

more organized raiders like Evilsweet said above.

And Tribal's, could be organized in camps or some could be neutral. Might give an opportunity for a slavery system in the future.

From the place of ground zero, O lord deliver us.
From the rain of the cobalt, O lord deliver us.
From the rain of the strontium, O lord deliver us.
From the fall of the cesium, O lord deliver us.
From the curse of the fallout, O lord deliver us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:51 am

Add big niggers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:49 am

Telly the Scorned wrote:
Add big niggers.

Already part of the game

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:14 am

Nevermind, I don't know why I bothered asking, I was just bored on class so I posted this, but I don't know what else I expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?   

Back to top Go down

Ideas for New Monsters/mutants?
Page 1 of 1